Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Changes to More World Complimentary travel insurance -disgraceful!

Posted by Kriths Kriths
Message 1 of 5 287 Views

As a long term Bankwest Platinum and More World cardholder I've experienced a gradual degradation of the 'benefits' which swayed me towards Bankwest all those years ago.

It started with the change from 55 day interest free period to the current reduced monthly period. Ok no issue as I pay out the balance monthly in any case so I swallowed this one.

Then Bankwest reduced the complimentary lounge access from unlimited to 10 passes per year and increased the fee from $27 to $32 USD for any additional visits/guests.

The latest slap in the face is the changes to the 'Complimentary Travel Insurance' which has now been further watered down to the point where it doesn't feel very 'Complimentary' at all rather it should be renamed 'Insultory' Travel Insurance.

One of the key benefits of the insurance was the inclusion of car hire insurance premium cover which has stealthily been removed. I now need to pay to include this cover! What's the 'benefit' in that to me?

What a disgrace Bankwest, is this any way to reward my loyalty? Don't even attempt to convince me that there are other 'benefits' to this account as recent history clearly dictates, they too may/will not be there for much longer and I have lost all faith in Bankwest.

I expect you to refund my annual card fees as the reduced 'benefits' are no longer of value to me, alternatively I will be voting with my feet and moving to one of your countless competitors who have been vying for my business all these years.

Re: Changes to More World Complimentary travel insurance -disgraceful!

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 5 265 Views

Hi @Kriths I can appreciate the recently announced changes to our complimentary credit card travel insurance are disappointing. 

So we can assist further, as I'm unable to view your accounts via this Forum, please have a chat with our Online Messaging Team through your online banking. They're available at any time for your convenience. 

0 Kudos

Posted by jsal jsal
Message 3 of 5 256 Views

So if travel for post 9 December is already booked and paid for, will BW honour the existing conditions?

It's not clear if the cut-off date refers to purchase date or travel date. Please clarify in the public forum for all to have clarity. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Posted by Shoco Shoco
Message 4 of 5 188 Views

Agreed. What a joke! The covered travel period for a Platinium card went down from 6 months to 31 days!!! This is not even close to the promised benefits when signing up. Very unhappy BankWest!

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 5 68 Views

Hey @jsal if you meet the current eligibility criteria before the change (regardless of when you travel), you'll get the current cover. If not, you'll get the new cover. I hope this helps Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.