Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Can I withdraw money from ATM in Japan

Posted by yenjichung yenjichung
Message 1 of 4 1,027 Views
To whom it may concern,

i went to visit one of your branches in Charlestown and informed them that I will be traveling in Japan for 2 weeks and will be withrawing money from ATM in Japan. I was told that it was all set. However now I'm having problem withrawing money from ATM in Japan. Can you please ell me to resolve the issue ASAP as I need cash urgently. Thank you.
SOLUTION

Re: Can I withdraw money from ATM in Japan

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 1,026 Views

Hi @yenjichung, thanks for your question! As long as card is a MasterCard you can certainly withdraw money while overseas.

To do this you'll need to use an ATM that accepts MasterCard and select the credit option, as cheque or savings will only work in Australia.  Please let me know if this helps Smiley Happy Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Posted by yenjichung yenjichung
Message 3 of 4 1,023 Views
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated! It worked! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 1,021 Views

I'm glad I could help @yenjichung Smiley Happy

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.