Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
EN
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Banwest CC for Overseas

Posted by EN EN
Message 1 of 2 342 Views

Hi, i am going to Japan and plan to use my bankwest zero master credit card to withdraw money.

(1) I was advised that if i put in money more than the credit card limit, when i withdraw, i wont be charged the advance cash fee etcs. Can please confirm if this is true?

(2) If i withdraw the extra money from the credit card using ATM, what are other fees that i can be charged? And how much?

(3) Is the conversion rate based on master on the day or Bankwest will put in a margin?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Banwest CC for Overseas

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 325 Views

Hey @EN great questions!

1) If the available balance remains above the credit limit once the withdrawal has been completed, only the cash advance fee of $4 will apply. If the available balance drops below the credit limit, the fee will be 2% or $4 (whichever is higher) and cash advance interest will apply. 

2) Depending on your card type, the 2.95% foreign transaction fee may also apply. 

Fees charged by the ATM provider are unknown to us but should display on the screen before you confirm the withdrawal. 

3) The conversion rate is dictated by Mastercard International, this can be found on their website. 
If you're withdrawing a currency other than USD, it will first be converted from the native currency to USD and then from USD into AUD. 

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.