Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Re: Bankwest platinum MasterCard use in Cuba

Posted by Gunwalls Gunwalls
Message 9 of 10 766 Views

Hi @dan_biddle, I used a debit visa card to withdraw cash from ATMs as I wasn't sure, but ATMs are definitely the easiest and fastest way to get money. I never tried my Mastercard so I don't know if it would work but I've read more recent posts that say they do. We went to change cash one day in a bank and it took over an hour and you have to have your passport (and they have strange closing times). We never had an issue with ATMs, they were readily available and always had cash. If you're flying into Havana airport, there are ATMs upstairs in the departures area that are much less busy than the ones in the arrival hall. Have a fantastic holiday, it's an amazing place Smiley Happy 

Re: Bankwest platinum MasterCard use in Cuba

Posted by dan_biddle dan_biddle
Message 10 of 10 762 Views

Thanks very much for that @Gunwalls, will give it a go. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2020 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.