Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Balance Transfer

Posted by clmarketing clmarketing
Message 1 of 2 913 Views

I am a holder of the Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard and currently has an ongoing 12 month Balance Transfer oustanding, say $5000. If I use this credit card to make new purchases say $1000 which enjoys a 55-day credit free period and if I make full payment of $1000 prior to the due date for new purchases as shown on the statement, will I be charged for interest on the Balance transfer amount of $5000?

Also, if I do not make any payment by the due date, will I be charged interest on both the current purchases of $1000 plus interest on the Balance Transfer of $5000 as well?.

I have tried to clarify this issue with one of the Bankwest branches in Perth, she assured me that these are 2 separate transactions. ie on new purchases interest will be charged after the due date and there will be no interest charges for the Balance Transfer until after the Balance Transfer due date.

Please clarify

0 Kudos

Re: Balance Transfer

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 891 Views

Hi @clmarketing, purchase interest is charged when the full statement balance isn't paid by the due date of each statement. This will only charge on purchases, not the balance transfer. 

If you have a 0% balance transfer, no interest will be charged on this until the offer expires.

To ensure no fees are charged, please ensure at least the minimum monthly repayment is paid by the due date on each statement. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.