Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Allianz or CoverMore?

Posted by lifesamitch lifesamitch
Message 1 of 5 1,022 Views

Let's try again...

We are departing on an international trip to Asia/Europe next week. We are the holders of a platinum MasterCard.

I have been conducting preparatory checks and have identified that since 01/10/2018, Bankwest has switched to 'CoverMore' from 'Allianz' for travel insurance purposes. I have since conducted enquiries to confirm that we are covered, and to ascertain who is providing the travel insurance.

There is confusion between both these companies as to who is covering our holiday, since our prepaid expenses ensuring eligibility (i.e. >$500/person) were completed prior to 01/10/2018.

In short, should an incident occur whist travelling, which company should I contact?

0 Kudos

Re: Allianz or CoverMore?

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 5 986 Views

Hey @lifesamitch great question. 

For travel purchases made using a Bankwest Platinum or World Mastercard prior to 01/10/2018, you'll need to contact Allianz for any enquiries regarding the cover, or to make a claim regardless of when the travel takes place.

Travel purchases made from 01/10/2018 onward fall under the Cover-More policy. 

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Rookie

Posted by manno5 manno5
Message 3 of 5 983 Views

I am also confused, I have spoken to both Allianz and Cover-More. 

Last Thursday13th Dec 2018 I called using the number supplied in your web site and followed the prompts to Allianz, when I spoke to their  rep she advised me it all depended when you travelled and as I had paid with my Platinum Card on the 22nd Sept 2018 and was travelling on the 10th Feb 2019 I would be covered by Cover-More so she tranfered my enquiry to Cover-More where I requested a product disclosure document be forwarded to me.

The rep from Allianz also advised that the Phone prompts were being changed to advise clients of the above policy.

Can this be clarified as I do not want any confusion in case of an emergency as I travell through the US

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 4 of 5 980 Views

So sorry for the confusion here.

I'll follow this up with our Products Team for clarification and will let you know when I hear back from them.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 5 945 Views

Hi all, thanks for your patience. 
Our Products Team have confirmed that Cover-More will still look to honour any claims under the previous policy from Allianz.
I'm very sorry for the confusion with our previous replies.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.