Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Account has been Hacked Overseas

Posted by K_Morris K_Morris
Message 1 of 2 468 Views

Hello,

I’m on holiday in London and I think my bank account has been hacked. 

I just checked my account balance and noticed 3 x withdrawals totalling $981.84 Aus dollars from a company called 'Schoolsfirst Costa Mesa US' which is not anything I have authorised or bought from.

I can’t call the helpline number or fill out the form and fax it while we are travelling what should I do?

Regards,
Kelli
0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Account has been Hacked Overseas

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 463 Views

Hi @K_Morris, I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Via the Forum I am unable to identify you, so if you are unsure of a transaction on your account, it would be best to speak with our Contact Centre so that they can look into this. For security purposes it would also be best for us to place a temporary hold on the card in question, to ensure that if it has been used without your knowledge or consent, nothing further can be debited. You may then be able to arrange an Emergency Replacement Card with MasterCard International* via the details below, so you don't have to stress about being stuck! You can login to Online Banking and select the "Chat Now" button at the bottom of your screen and discuss this with a consultant between 7am - 6pm Monday - Friday AWST. They will be able to view further details of the transaction and look more into what has happened. Alternatively, you can call our Contact Centre at any time for further assistance. I hope this helps!

*MasterCard International can offer assistance with emergency cash or card replacement. They can be contacted on +1 636 722 7111. If using an International Operator you may reverse the charges when calling from a landline telephone. Please note that we have no control over any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.