Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Online Claim Form - Bankwest Platinum Credit Card

Posted by TracyS TracyS
Message 1 of 6 583 Views

Hi all, I recently returned from a trip overseas, had major issues with delays etc and filled in the Online Claim Form for travel insurance as part of my platinum mastercard. Bankwest is affiliated with Allianz (for info.). Anyway, I filled out (with great detail) the information required, I get to the very last page (Account Details), and for some reason, the form is not accepting my BSB number when I go to submit it. I've been onto Allianz who put me through to Bankwest and they dont know why either? Has anywone else had this problem?

0 Kudos

Re: Online Claim Form - Bankwest Platinum Credit Card

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 6 582 Views

Hi @TracyS, sorry to hear of the issues you're having here.

Can I just clarify, where are you required to input a BSB? I only ask as Credit Cards to not have BSB/Account Numbers, and as the insurance is linked to the Platinum MasterCard, I'm not sure where this would be required. If you're comfortable doing so, please send a screenshot to Forum@Bankwest.com.au so we can follow up for you and try to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Jmcgeough Jmcgeough
Message 3 of 6 360 Views

The BSB and account number you refer to are required on the account details page of the online claim form is necessary because, if the claim is successful (or part successful), the insurance payout can only be made by direct deposit to a bank account (not to your credit card)

0 Kudos

Message 4 of 6 358 Views

Hi @DanaeC I have a different but related problem (reason I came here) with my online claim submission; I have spent 12 days working on the online claim form (Allianz Claimmanager.com.au) and, after my extraordinary effort, when I finally click on the big blue 'Submit Claim’ button, I see the spinning wheel and then nothing... this is so frustrating!

During my 12 days with the online form, my biggest hurdle was uploading documents; most of the time the upload process would fail so I had to repeat my uploads multiple and multiple times.

And now, I'm looking at that big blue Submit Claim button and I don't know what else to do.

If the technical folks want to provide some escape from possible internet weaknesses, they should provide an alternative such as a 'Print Claim Form’ option (to download your completed form) so that the user can maybe email the completed form with attachments.

Yesterday I sent an email to allianztravel@allianz-assistance.com.au (which I got online from the Allianz website) and I did get a reply that seemed like its from real person but no real person's name was added to the end of the email (so bad); this email said they couldn't find my policy number !! Even though I made it clear that my claim is related to my BankWest Platinum MasterCard... I replied to clarify that point again, and I also provided my Online Claim reference number and haven’t heard back yet...

The main issue I have is that the Online Claim Form website functionality is weak.

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 6 356 Views

I forgot to mention that I had a problem adding my BSB number because I did not pay attention to the format. Sometimes we will see our BSB number as XXX-YYY but for the online claim form it must be 6 numbers without any hyphen like XXXXXX 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 6 of 6 353 Views

Sorry to hear you're having trouble here.

Whilst the Complimentary Insurance is a feature of the Bankwest Platinum and World Mastercards @Jmcgeough, Allianz are the underwriters and providers of the policy and therefore will need to assist you with any enquiries or concerns you're facing. This is because Bankwest have no access to the insurance side - I apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

Any questions relating to the insurance are best to be directed through to Allianz directly on 1800 010 075, though I can certainly pass on your feedback.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.