Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Fees

Posted by Zues Zues
Message 1 of 3 452 Views

I have a payment come out fortnightly on monday night, but my pay goes in tuesday morning.

YES,  it my account gets overdrawn, but only for a couple of hours. On the tuesday i get a text saying ive been charged $10 honour/dishonour and to put money on to cover it.

This is what i cant understand, by the time they send text it has pay has been deposited and all back to normal, WHY?!?!

Doesnt make sense to me, BANKWEST gets $20/month of me for nothing, plus monthly fees, feels like im getting taken for a ride and as im unemployed at the moment, thats alot, i think it may be time to change banks!!!!!!!

If you read all this, thanks, sorry it was so long but feeling very frustrated, What a joke

0 Kudos

Re: Fees

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 3 448 Views

Hi @Zues, I'm really sorry to see this, and I can certainly understand the disappointment you have expressed in relation to being charged these fees.

This particular fee will raise on your account, if it has a negative balance caused by a direct debit at the close of business on any given day. The $10 Honour Fee is charged, as Bankwest have paid the debit on your behalf, and will allow you until 12.45pm AWST the following business day to transfer the negative balance back into your account. If credit funds are not in the account by this time, then the payment is reversed by the bank, and a $10 Dishonour Fee is raised to your account, in place of the Honour Fee.

Via the Forum I am unable to view your details, so if you would like to discuss this further, or perhaps discuss an account that may be better suited to your needs, you are most welcome to call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19. Alternatively, you can log into your Online Banking and select the "Message us Now" button. For your convenience, both services are available 24/7.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Re: Fees

Posted by Zues Zues
Message 3 of 3 431 Views

Yes i might call. Thing it gets overdrawn AFTER "close of business hours" Monday and is credited by my pay BEFORE buisiness on Tuesday 🤔🤔

EVEN WITH TIME DIFFERENCE  (as im in Sydney) 😒

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.