Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Forum Manager

Feedback about the Bankwest Forum

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 3 of 16 3,005 Views

We're LOVING all the feedback we're getting through the Forum about our products and services with some standout contributors being @cgm @thewinchester and @Enigmaraff. We'll keep listening and feeding your feedback through, aiming to make changes to improve our customer experience and when we do, the Forum is the first place we'll shout about it!

To help with this, I've created a new topic/category for you to publish your feedback specifically about the Forum to called 'Forum Feedback'.

Note - Feedback about our cards or online banking should continue to be posted in those topics.

Talk soon! Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
Senior Contributor

Re: Feedback about the Bankwest Forum

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 1 of 16 2,973 Views

POST MOVED FROM OTHER CONVERSATION

@SarahF, @LyndsC, @PeteW: So here's a question, which is going to deviate from this threads topic somewhat - how is BWA driving awareness and adoption of these fourms to increase participation?

This might sound somewhat uncharitable, but at the moment - and outside of the Live Q&A sessions, it seems to me a little like an 'echo chamber', with low participation outside of a core group of members.

I'd absolutely love to see more people chiming in on topics, i'd love to hear what different people think about how to improve BOB's statement features - but the level of participation to ensure a diverse range of voices and opinions doesn't seem to be here, yet.

Also, pivoting to a positive point - does the Fourm strategy include communicating back here when the ideas and feedback derrived from it have had success?

Due to some of my interests and demographics, I have membership of some brand-run public and private forums for customers in other industries - primarily in travel and tourism. These forums make a point of reporting back frequently to their respective user communities to share the success and actions that have come about from their feedback. Employing that kind of action and communication here may help in some way drive adoption and participation.

Forum Manager

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 2 of 16 2,964 Views

And it's a great question too @thewinchester. We absolutely want to grow our member based and engagement in the Forum and have taken some steps to encourage people to visit and register, including links and banners on our website through to promotional posts on social media.

We love the fact we have some highly engaged members already such as yourself, @cgm, @Enigmaraff and @megrburgess to name a few and we're excited to hear more from you and see how you influence other members to get more involved. Because one of the best ways to get other members involved is leading by example.

You can definitely expect to see more content being published by us, more open questions for feedback and ideas, and more opportunities for our members to get involved. Every opportunity for improvement we talk about in here is shared with our key stakeholders and if we're in a position to deliver the change/improvement/feature, we will and the Forum is the first place we'll shout about it. Customer generated content and ideas is a huge opportunity in the Forum, there's no doubt about that.

Keep the feedback coming in though, we entirely open to it and ready to act on it wherever possible.

○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 16 2,991 Views

One specific piece of feedback, is using the forums (and frankly all your customer comms channels - inc. social media) to your advantage for communicating positive news about products, services and apps, as it happens.

Specifically, I've just found out - via a friend - that the Bankwest app for iOS has just today had an update released. I'd have thought BWA would have been eager to communicate this themselves personally, given how many times PIN login for the BOB apps have been requested.

But back to the forums side of things - positing information of the release into the mobile forum when app updates are made available, along with the release notes, would be a great way to increase engagement and awareness.

Today's release is more-so important, given what's in the release, and what it flags will be launched soon:

========

For Bankwest Online Banking (BOB) customers using an iPhone:

For all users:
• Reset your Secure Code by using the direct link on the PAN & Secure Code login screen.
• Head to the Bankwest Forum to join the conversation with other customers and Bankwest staff, get help or share your thoughts.
• Locate the newest stores and ATMs.

Coming Soon:
• Touch ID enabled login for iPhone users.

========

It's great some of this info (being the PIN login) was highlighted on the BWA homepage, but the only time I go there is when i'm using the desktop version on BOB. And I've not yet seen a peep about this release elsewhere (BWA twitter and facebook feeds).

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 5 of 16 2,988 Views

4 digit PIN! Smiley Happy I'm so happy you've seen the update @thewinchester We literally just launched this around 20 minutes ago and I'll be going back to customers who have requested in the past as much as possible to let them know, as well as posting about it on our social media/forum channels tomorrow. Exciting! Big props to @JustinJ in our mobile app team who have worked so hard on this.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 16 2,986 Views

Tsk tsk @SarahF. Smiley Tongue

The social and forums posts should have been prepared at the same time as all the other marketing collateral, and ready for launch everywhere at the same time!

(I'm just joking, I know how hard Mar/Comms can be from 1st hand experience. Better late than never)

And of course hats off to @JustinJ and his colleagues for this release and welcomed enhancements.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 7 of 16 2,964 Views

Thanks for your feedback @thewinchester. We totally agree that these channels are ideal for these types of customer comms and we do have them planned in to post.

Specific to mobile app releases, we do also balance out our timing of letting customers know because it can take several hours for the update to roll out to all devices, so we want to ensure it is available everywhere before we promote it. We also want to avoid any unexpected impact to the server with an overload of accesses/updates happening all at once.

And specific to this situation, we weren't planning to release the update for a few more days but the update got approved by the app stores quicker than normal and we got excited to get the update out to our customers quicker #sorrynotsorry. But seriously, getting the customer comms right is critical so we'll do better next time. Promise Smiley Happy

Great work by @JustinJ, @JonS and all involved for delivering this exciting update, and ahead of schedule!

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted by cgm cgm
Message 8 of 16 2,873 Views

@PeteW I can't view this new topic from the homepage, the only way I can access posts within it is by clicking on the post itself.

Am I missing something? Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.