Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

monthly maintenance fee of hero account

Posted by tk_wong tk_wong
Message 1 of 6 132 Views

I would like to enquire the monthly maintenance fee of hero account. I understand there will be a charge of $6.00 for the month if certain amount of fund has not been banked.  Last month, I have banked $4000 dollars to my hero account from the excess fund of my mortgage in bankwest at around afternoon (australian western time) on 30 September 2017. I noticed that the process of the fund did not make until 2 October 2017. A fee of $6.00 was charged to my account.  Indeed, this happens to a few months in the past also.

I would like to know whether we should bank the money to hero account at least on the second last day of the calendar month or last working of the calendar month to avoid the maintenance fee? or even there is a mistake to charge a maintenance fee to my account?  Many thanks.

0 Kudos

Re: monthly maintenance fee of hero account

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 6 131 Views

Hi @tk_wong, thanks for contacting us in regards to this.

Sorry for any confusion here - the deposit of $2000 does need to be cleared into the account by close of business on the last business day of the month to be counted and ensure that no Maintenance Fee is charged. This is outlined in section 4.1 of the Account Schedule, which states:

"If the aggregate of deposits made to the account in a month up to close of business on the last business day of the month is less than $2,000, a $6.00 Monthly Maintenance Fee will be charged on the first business day of the next month."

You can view this by clicking here.

Hope this helps, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 6 115 Views

Thanks DanaeC. As I noticed that I was charged for $6.00 for a few months in the past and I have deposited some fund from the excess fund of home loan tracking account before month end, please assist to look into my account and provide some assistance with regards for the reason of being charged for $6.00 in October.  It would help to avoid any potential maintenance fee charged to my account in future.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 6 114 Views

Whilst we can certainly take a look at what has happened, we would need to be able to identify you, which we can't do via the Forum I'm sorry @tk_wong.

You can login to Online Banking from a PC and select the "Chat to us Now" button on your screen between 7am – 6pm AWST Monday – Friday for assistance with this. Alternatively, you can call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19 between 8am - 8pm your local time, 7 days a week.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 6 111 Views

Many thanks DanaeC. Will do. Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 6 of 6 109 Views

My pleasure @tk_wong, have a lovely weekend!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.