Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

feedback

Posted by Steve1 Steve1
Message 1 of 2 45 Views

Hi Bankwest,

I wanted to pass on some feedback about my experience trying to set up a saver account for my daughter. 

I phoned your call centre to attempt set up but was told I had to go to a bank store as I needed to provide ID and a birth certificate.  Fair enough, would have been good if the details could have been taken over the phone, then I could pop into the store with the various documents.  Not possible so said I would set up in store.

I asked if I needed an appointment and was told no, you can come into the store and someone will assist you.  I ventured to your George Street (Sydney CBD) branch yesterday only to be told by the teller that I need to make an appointment to see someone about setting up an account. I wasn’t happy with the conflicting information but agreed to make an appointment for 1pm today.

I returned to the branch again today just prior to 1pm for my appointment with Josh Piper. I presented my appointment letter to the teller who then led me to one of the offices.  He put his head in and then told me Josh was still with someone and that he would be available soon.  Fair enough, I understand appointments can run over so I patiently waited outside his office. 

Ten minutes later the other customer leaves the office and Josh comes out, no acknowledgement of me and heads off somewhere else in the branch.  A couple of minutes later Josh returns to the office, again no acknowledgement.  I assume he is tending to some paperwork from his previous appointment. 

Over the next 10 minutes a female staff member comes in and out of the office and there is jovial conversation with Josh.  Josh appears from the office again, and again there is no acknowledgment of me waiting.  A simple, “I’ll be with you soon” would have been sufficient at this point.  I continue to wait but there is no sign of Josh.

At 1.25pm I decide to call it quits as I have a meeting to go to, so I leave the branch.  When my appointment was entered in your system yesterday the teller took my mobile number and I can see it is on my appointment confirmation.  I thought when Josh finally returns and notices that I’m not there, perhaps he will call and apologise and try and arrange another time to set up the account…. Well I guess I was being a little too optimistic, I’ve heard nothing.  I will therefore look to open an account with another bank.

I am also currently in the market for a mortgage and thought I would make a follow up appointment to discuss your offering.  However, given my experience to date, I will take my custom elsewhere.

This was a really disappointing experience.  Your products are attractive but sadly a lack of common courtesy has let you down.  Perhaps an area for additional training.

Regards
Steve

0 Kudos

Re: feedback

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 42 Views

Hi @Steve1, thank you for taking the time to send this through.

I am very sorry for the experience you have had here and would really like to ensure that this is followed up. I will certainly address this with the Store and Area Manager - if you could please send me an email with your full name, Forum username and best contact number to Forum@Bankwest.com.au I will have the Store Manager give you a call to discuss this further.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.