on 09-03-2016 11:18 AM
Identity theft is a growing concern and we want all our customers to know how to protect themselves against this. Criminals will try to obtain your personal information so they can impersonate you online and fraudulently withdraw your money or open a credit card in your name. Thankfully, there are simple yet effective ways to safeguard your identity.
A few signs of identity theft are:
- Expected but missing mail.
- Bills for goods and services you didn’t buy.
- Arrival of new credit you didn’t apply for.
- Unauthorised or suspicious transactions billed to your account.
- Calls or letters from creditors, debt collectors or solicitors about transactions you didn’t make.
- Requests for your Bankwest secure code or Personal Identification Number (PIN). Remember, Bankwest will NEVER ask you to provide such information by email or over the phone.
As always, feel free to ask any questions below, we’ll be happy to help!
Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!
If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.