Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Where is Apple Pay

Posted by KinshM KinshM
Message 1 of 5 1,539 Views

Where is Apple Pay, It has been available for Australian small banks for a few years now, and I can guarenty if Bankwest hadn't been bought out by Commbank it would have had Apple Pay by now. I'm not the only person considering leaving Bankwest because of its complete disregard of this product. iPhones are a significant owned by a significant proportion of Australians why do we STILL not have Apple Pay!

0 Kudos

Re: Where is Apple Pay

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 5 1,537 Views

Hey @KinshM, Apple Pay isn't yet available for Bankwest customers as we've been unable to come to an agreement with Apple. I can appreciate this is disappointing news and am sorry I don't have a different answer for you.

We're aware that some of our customers are quite keen to be able to utilise this feature on their Apple devices and hope to have an update in the future.

0 Kudos

Posted by Perthmack Perthmack
Message 3 of 5 1,489 Views

Why does commonwealth bank have Apple Pay? Aren’t you two the same company?

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 4 of 5 1,488 Views

Hey @Perthmack, I'm very sorry to say that you have incorrect information there. I've just checked and Apple Pay is still a service CBA doesn't offer. 

While we are part of the Commonwealth Group, we operate as individual banks which means we don't have access to their systems/accounts and vice versa. 

As soon as we have any news to share regarding Apple Pay, we'll let you know. 

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 5 1,030 Views

Hi all, Apple Pay is now live for Bankwest customers!
Further info is available on our website.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.