Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Where can i go to deposit money?

Posted by callumwesley callumwesley
Message 1 of 3 5,151 Views

I live in Taree NSW, there are no Bankwest branches around me, where can i deposit a cheque and abit of cash?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
SOLUTION

Re: Where can i go to deposit money?

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 3 5,149 Views

I've just scoured the Bankwest website @callumwesley, and the bad news is that it doesn't say anything about the Australia Post Bank@Post service. There's also no community branches or Smart ATM's anywhere near you.

However, the Australia Post website does, and it states that Bankwest is a participating bank.

A quick check of the AusPost service locator says that both the Taree Post Shop, Taree West LPO and Chatham LPO offer Bank@Post services for Bankwest, and accept both Cash and Cheques for deposit. When using their services, you will need your ATM/Debit card which has a PIN attached. Paper deposit forms with account numbers aren't permitted with that service.

So hopefully, that should make depositing into your accounts much easier.

@LyndsC and the forum mods: Can you have a chat with the team responsible for the BWA website, to update this page (http://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/payments-services/ways-to-bank-with-us). If BWA customers still have access to Bank@Post, it really should be mentioned there, if only to help out customers like Callum Smiley Happy

Re: Where can i go to deposit money?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 3 5,136 Views

Thanks so much for the feedback @thewinchester, I'll make sure to let our online team know!

@callumwesley you can certainly use the Bank @ Post services to deposit cheques and cash using your card and PIN.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.