Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Transfer money to and from Bankwest

[ Edited ]
Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 1 of 5 2,371 Views

There’s a whole lot of work behind the scenes to process payments between banks but here’s a summary of what you need to know to understand the process a bit better.

Transferring money from Bankwest to another financial institution

Bank to bank payments.jpg

• If you’ve made a payment prior to the payment cut-off-time, your payment instructions will be sent to the other financial institution on the same day for processing.
  • If you’ve made the payment after the payment cut-off time your payment instruction will be sent the next business day.

Transferring money to Bankwest from another financial institution

At Bankwest we process the payment file as soon as we receive it, meaning the funds should be in your account within the hour of validating the payment file from the other financial institution. If an expected payment hasn't been credited yet, it means we haven't received the payment file from the other financial institution. In this case, we recommend you contact them to find out; what their payment cut off times are, whether the payment has actually been sent, and whether the funds are sent through an intermediary bank as this could cause delays.

Transferring money and the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA)

Payments between financial institutions are only processed on days when the RBA is open as all payments must be settled through the RBA at the end of each day. The RBA is closed on weekends, national public holidays and some state public holidays (e.g. NSW holidays) which prevents us from settling on those days. However, Bankwest still process payments on WA public holidays when the RBA is still open.

Re: Transfer money to and from Bankwest

Posted by cowards cowards
Message 2 of 5 2,023 Views

I understand the process of money transfers and the delays that could occur however my frustration is not being able to talk to a person that can help me understand why a cash transfer sent from another bank to my BankWest account appears in my account but is held as uncleared funds.

Is this an error in a status set by the sending bank or is BankWest unaware that it was cash money transferred?

Thank you

Scott

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 3 of 5 2,020 Views

Hi, Via the Forum I'm unable to identify you to view what may have happened here and why it is showing as uncleared funds. If you can call us on 13 17 19 or log into online banking and live chat with us so our team can look into this. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Posted by DesHill DesHill
Message 4 of 5 1,836 Views

No use at all . I need a specific answer not just woffle about processes .Is there a daily limit - yes or No and if so what .Its by nu means clear on the website .

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 5 of 5 1,833 Views

Hi @DesHill, you can view the daily limits via your online banking and if you’re registered for SMS code you’ll enjoy higher daily limits up to $20,000. To view your daily limit/s and how much of the limit/s you have used today, select payment limits from the payments & transfers menu. You can view more here: http://goo.gl/UZ8HXH

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.