Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
kb

Tax File Declaration

Posted by kb kb
Message 1 of 2 366 Views

Has anyone else out there been charged hundreds of dollars by Bankwest for not declaring a tax file number; even though, yes I did provide my TFN years ago and have been into my local branch to tell them and discuss it at least twice? Somehow my TFN magically goes missing on an adhoc basis, now hundreds of dollars have been taken by the bank from my account under the "no TFN guise".

Next step is to go to the Ombusman and ACCC to report on the actions of the bank and get my money back. I wonder how many other people are being exploited in the same way. I like to hear if it has been happening to you too? I go to the bank to rectify the situation and not long after it starts happening again... so dodgy. I want my money back.

0 Kudos

Re: Tax File Declaration

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 2 363 Views

Hi @kb, thanks for taking the time to let us know what's happened here. We can certainly ensure that your TFN is updated and look into what's. If you can call our team on 13 17 19 or send us a bankmail message via online banking we can look into this.@kb, thanks for taking the time to let us know what's happened here. We can certainly ensure that your TFN is updated and look into what's. If you can call our team on 13 17 19 or send us a bankmail message via online banking we can look into this.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.