Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
GGG
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Special Cheque Clearance

Posted by GGG GGG
Message 1 of 7 1,260 Views

Hi I am recieving a cheque tomorrow (bank cheque). I am having another person go to a bank west branch tomorrow to deposit it into my account and request a special clearance. I have a couple of questions.

1. Does the bank need any authorisation for them to deposit it into my bank account (I have given them my BSB & Account Number)

2. I read under another post which says it costs $16 to do a special clearance and the only way to pay is for it to be debited from my account at that point in time. Can they pay the special clearance fee in cash over the counter and if not does some kind of authorisation need to be given by me to allow the bank to take the fee from my bank account?

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

0 Kudos

Re: Special Cheque Clearance

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 7 1,237 Views

Hi @GGG, I have just checked with one of our stores and they have advised that this should be fine. If you'd like to let me know which store they will be going into, I can confirm this with the store manager for you. Thanks!

0 Kudos
GGG

Posted by GGG GGG
Message 3 of 7 1,235 Views

Hi,

That would be a great help!

They will either be depositing the cheque at either King Street or George Street branches in Sydney.

Please advise each of them to take the funds for the special clearance from my bank account.

Im assuming you are aware of my client number etc by my login details?

Gino

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 7 1,232 Views

Hi @GGG, while we can't access or discuss your personal account information over the Forum (including the details you use to register), I can certainly check that these stores will accept this for you. When would the deposit be likely to take place?

0 Kudos
GGG

Posted by GGG GGG
Message 5 of 7 1,231 Views

Tomorrow (Friday 30th) after 2p.m. Considering you cant identify me maybe they can call me on my mobile when the gentlemen is there if they need me to authorise the payment from my bank account?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 7 1,224 Views

If you could please pop me an email with your full name, forum username and contact number @GGG to forum@bankwest.com.au. I will check with both stores and give you a call once I have this confirmed. Thanks!

0 Kudos
GGG

Posted by GGG GGG
Message 7 of 7 1,222 Views

Ok done. Who ever thought a bank would have such great service. I am from a senior banking background and am very impressed I currently bank with BankWest!!!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.