Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
VR

Security

Posted by VR VR
Message 1 of 3 476 Views

I wanted to close my account by phone but despite quoting my accounty type, PAN, answering my Security question and providing name, address, post code bla-bla, albeit a bit slower than I may have done 20 years ago, or had I used the account more frequently, have been told that the staff is unable to identify me and that I must go to a branch.  My on-line security questions were not valid and the staff was not permitted to ask me any more questions anyway.  I tried to move my funds from Bankwest into my linked account but was denied internet banking access because I was not identified by phone.

There seems to be nobody with whom I can discuss the problem, no amount of bank statement details, security questions, personal details etc that provides any explanation or ease of doing business other than at a branch.  Every time I phone in future, even after being IDd at a branch, I will still get the same security questions, still give the answers and still be barred from phone and internet banking.  AND NOONE WILL EXPLAIN. 

Despite being in my seventies and having to catch two buses to a branch, I am more determined than ever to close my account. VR

0 Kudos

Re: Security

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 3 474 Views

Hi @VR, I'm very sorry to hear that we were not able to identify you over the phone when you called. We do have specific identification question's that we can ask an if the answers you provide are different to what we have on file we will need you to go into a store to be identified. The good news is when you go into our store to show ID we can also update your details on our file so we have your most up to date information to avoid failing ID via phone in the future. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

0 Kudos

Re: Security

Posted by d_a_ya d_a_ya
Message 3 of 3 471 Views

Same thing, now I have to spend couple of hours visiting branch. Looks like it is better not to use phone support at all it goes nowhere and you end up visiting branch.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.