Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Forum Manager

Security Series - Keeping your banking safe

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 1 of 2 1,134 Views

Your banking security and information are so important to us here at Bankwest so we thought we'd share a series of posts about keeping you banking safe. Whether it be online, on your phone, using your card or even on social media, we've got some tips for you.

Behind the scenes we have dedicated fraud and security teams working round the clock to keep an eye on things, protect your accounts and help rectify any issues that may unfortunately arise.

online banking 60.pngOnline banking security - How to keep your computer secure, your online banking safe and things to consider when using public WiFi networks.

mobile & app 60x60.pngMobile and App security - Learn more about added security through SMS code, safeguarding your mobile device and a few tips when it comes to using apps.

cards 60x60.pngCard security - Whether you're using your card(s) at an ATM or EFTPOs machine, or shopping online, there are a few things you should do to keep them safe.

email 60x60.pngEmail security - Learn some simple ways to detect phishing emails and protect your email.

privacy & identity 60x60.pngYour privacy and identity - Always be mindful of the information you're sharing and where you're sharing it too. Identity theft occurs onlin eand 'offline', through phishing emails and letterbox/mail theft respectively.

social 60x60.pngSocial networks - With so many people on social media these days, it's unfortunately become a hunting ground for fraudsters and the like. So enjoy it, but stay safe!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.

Re: Security Series - Keeping your banking safe

Posted by markbank markbank
Message 2 of 2 2 Views

Hi,

I would just like to find out why the daily withdraw limit is being raised on bankwest cards to $2000, a limit wich cannot be reduced buy the customer. Wouldnt you agree this is Bankwest not keeping my banking safe.

Exert from Bankwest email

Please be aware that the daily withdrawal limit will be standard across all Bankwest cards and cannot be changed. It may also increase your liability in the event of an unauthorised transactions on your account. So remember to report any suspicious transactions on your account as soon as you notice them and let us know if your card is lost or stolen.

I also do not like how you say this is for the convienence of the customer. I feel you are intentionally making my Bankwest cards and furthermore my account unsafe. If you want to increase the card withdraw limit wouldnt it be better to give the customer the power of choice to reduce the limit rather than imposing it on them therfore increasing there liability and account saftey.

I look foward to your reply.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.