Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
cw

Poor customer service

Posted by cw cw
Message 1 of 4 130 Views

I am based in Fremantle where the BankWest branch has recently:

• abandoned its ATM machine and referred everyone to the nearby Commonwealth Bank;
  • abandoned Saturday morning personal service.

I used to be able to make withdrawals or deposits by BankWest ATM machine.

When the Commonwealth Bank took over, its ATM machines used to say that it would accept BankWest cards without fee. It never said anything about whether I could make deposits to a BankWest account a CBA ATM machine but I didn't need to until recently

Now I go to the Commonwealth Bank and find:

• it has only one ATM machine – located inside the doors with no notice on when they may or may not be open;
  • with no notice on it that says it accepts BankWest cards without fee – does it?;
  • apparently, without any facility to make deposits into a BankWest account – it asked me for my Commonwealth Bank BSB.

What if anything are you doing to restore the service I formerly had from BankWest?

0 Kudos

Re: Poor customer service

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 115 Views

Hi @cw, I can definitely appreciate your frustration here.

Whilst you're able to withdraw funds from your Bankwest account at any Commonwealth Bank ATM free of charge, deposits are not accepted I'm sorry. You're still able to deposit funds over the counter in branch, or at participating Australia Post outlets (click here to find your closest location) using your Bankwest card.

I've had a look, and can see that the next closest branch to Fremantle open on Saturday's is Willetton, where Telling Services are available up until 1pm. We also have a Deposit ATM available 24/7 in Bicton, at the Melville Plaza Shopping Centre.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused, and can assure you that this feedback is being passed on.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
cw

Posted by cw cw
Message 3 of 4 114 Views

I am outraged by this response. To suggest I go to Boston, let alone Williston, to deposit after hours shows a complete disregard for customers in what is still a major commercial centre. I shall refer this problem to my local MP the hon Simone McGurk

Cw

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 107 Views

I am sorry you feel this way @cw. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further we'd be happy to have a chat with you - pop your full name and best contact number to Forum@Bankwest.com.au and we'll get in touch.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.