Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Paying for something higher that daily limit?

Posted by brycestandley brycestandley
Message 1 of 2 1,455 Views

So im in the market to buy a new laptop for tafe from JBHIFI, only problem is that they dont carry the particular model i want instore but they do online. Im not sure if i need to change any limits for transactions or if i can just buy the laptop like i would any other item online as long as the money is in the account? Even if my normal transaction limit is $1000 and i want the laptop thats $1900 if i pay online does it get allowed or rejected?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor
SOLUTION

Re: Paying for something higher that daily limit?

Posted by cgm cgm
Message 2 of 2 1,451 Views

If you have the funds in your account you should have no problems with this online purchase @brycestandley.

The online purchase will be processed as a credit transaction, bypassing the $1000 withdrawal/EFTPOS limit associated with Bankwest transaction accounts.

I learnt this the hard way after having my debit card declined in store!

Why does selecting credit on our debit card bypass this daily limit @PeteW?

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.