Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Member

Name change

Posted by Miranda-jane Miranda-jane
Message 1 of 2 1,044 Views


I recently got married and need to change my surname on my account. I have all of the documents needed but don’t have a branch close by. Am I able to email all of the documents please?

0 Kudos

Re: Name change

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 1,043 Views

Hi @Miranda-jane, congratulations on your wedding! If you're unable to pop into one of our branches, you can post the change of name form along with a certified* copy of your marriage certificate to us at;

Bankwest PO Box E237, Perth WA 6841.


Once your name change has been processed updated replacement cards will be issued.


*Please note that the certification must have been completed within 21 days of us receiving the request and the marriage certificate must be the one which is issued by Births, Deaths & Marriages, not the one that was signed on the day of your wedding.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2020 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.