Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

My ATM just warned me it won’t be fee-free soon?

Posted by Laurie696 Laurie696
Message 1 of 6 355 Views

I live in a high density area with my closest ATM being the Co-Branded CBA/BankWest style in 7-11 Stores. During my transaction today it gave 2 pop up screens stating that soon this ATM will not be fee-free. It stated to jump on the BankWest website but I have looked and looked... with no success. You still have banners displaying that you are fee-free at 3500 ATMs: does this only relate to the CBA and BankWest Branches??

Please clarify here in this forum, and also make a link more accessible for others who will receive this same notification in the future. To be honest, I’m a lot disappointed by the change. Not because I am lazy and will need to find other fee-free ATM, rather because I chose to do my banking with BankWest due to the ‘I don’t follow fee trends’ attitude. 

0 Kudos

Re: My ATM just warned me it won’t be fee-free soon?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 6 353 Views

Hi @Laurie696, Following the move last year by Australia's major banks to remove ATM fees, Bankwest has conducted a review of locations of all its ATMs and currently 70% of all 7-Eleven stores have a CBA Group branded ATM in close proximity.
Bankwest has decided to end its 11 year relationship with 7-Eleven convenience store chain. . Bankwest customers can use any of the Bankwest or Commonwealth Bank's 3,500 ATMs and can withdraw cash without incurring a fee at any ATM, owned and operated by ANZ, NAB or Westpac.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 6 352 Views

Thanks for the information,

Now I’d like the answers please.

Where on your website is this information for existing and new customers??

How else will this be communicated to your customer base? 

What dates will that change become effective? 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 6 350 Views

Our website and mobile app locator tools are being updated as soon as possible @Laurie696, and I will be ensuring that your feedback is passed onto our ATM team.

In regards to your other questions - I'll need to look into this further for you. Can you please send me an email to forum@bankwest.com.au with your full name, contact number and forum username, and I will arrange a call to discuss this further? Thanks

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 6 349 Views

I’ll provide the details as requested, however I don’t require my hand to be held on this occasion. 

All I ask (and I’m sure the Royal Commision/Financial Ombudsman agrees) is for timely, accurate, honest communication about the products I use and the changes related to that. Especially going from an action currently that is fee-free to an action that will soon be charged fees. 

I dont accept that your apps and website “will soon be updated” as your Co-Branded ATMs are already updated. Please ask you management team to update both at the same time... as it appears at least one department has already received the memo! 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 6 347 Views

Thanks @Laurie696, I have escalated your email and will arrange a call on Monday.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.