Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Money was transferred into my account four days ago from comm bank. It still has not been cleared i

Posted by Bradyleisa Bradyleisa
Message 1 of 4 37 Views

Money was transferred from comm bank to my account four full business days ago! It

says it only takes three. It's sitting there but has not cleared! When will it clear I desperately need the money!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Re: Money was transferred into my account four days ago from comm bank. It still has not been cle...

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 34 Views

Hi @Bradyleisa, I'm sorry to hear this.

If the funds were transferred electronically (ie, as a Pay Anybody), then they would only take up to 3 business days to clear as available in your account. However, you would generally not be able to see these as pending.

For this reason it sounds like the funds were deposited into your account either via cheque deposit, or cash deposit at another financial institution, which can take up to 5 business days to clear.

Via the Forum we are unable to view or provide any personal information, however you can call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19 between 8am - 8pm your local time 7 days a week to have this looked into. Alternatively you can login to your Online Banking and select the "Message us Now" button for assistance between 7am - 6pm AWST Monday - Friday.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Re: Money was transferred into my account four days ago from comm bank. It still has not been cle...

Posted by Bradyleisa Bradyleisa
Message 3 of 4 7 Views

Thankyou that helped heaps. It actually took 7 days for it to clear which is crazy but thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 0 Views

It sounds like this would have to do with the way the funds were transferred @Bradyleisa. I'm glad to hear that you have now received the funds, let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.