Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Mobile banking payments not valid??

[ Edited ]
Posted by kavithanjali kavithanjali
Message 1 of 2 851 Views

Hi

I transtered money to buy a phone online through bankwest mobile app in my phone.

Money transfer had all information of the seller like her bsb, account number name etc.

once the money is transferred, she disappeared and never sent the product or never got back to me.

i logged the complaint to Bankwest ans asked them to refund me for the conflit in transaction.

I did the Conflit transaction form and signed in person at the bank too.

They said, it will take 6 weeks and all can be done.

yesterday i received a letter saying that "

Unfortunately we cannot stop or claim as the transation was performed via Mobile Banking rather than Direct Debit"

This really shocked me as i really thopught Mobile app is a vaild tool for us to use.

please advise what should i do to take it further.

Thank you

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Mobile banking payments not valid??

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 848 Views

Hi @kavithanjali, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. Yes the mobile app is a valid tool to use, however when you transfer funds into another persons account we are not always able to recall them, as this requires us sending a request to the person receiving the funds and they are not required to agree.

If you have purchased something and have not had the goods received, you would need look into independent legal advice. 

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.