Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Making large payment to buy property

Posted by rhubarbcliffs rhubarbcliffs
Message 1 of 5 1,138 Views

Hello,

I am buying a property so will need to make a large payment (around $230k) in a month's time. I have read through the payments information on the BankWest site and I would normally use RTGS I think, however I live in Canberra and so my nearest customer branches are in Sydney.

I don't see a way to make this payment online due to the $50k daily limit, other than making multiple payments which could be awkward. Am I able to go to another bank and draw a bank cheque from my BankWest account?

Thanks for any ideas,

Henry

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Making large payment to buy property

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 5 1,135 Views

Well @rhubarbcliffs, you've got even me scratching my head for a solution to this question, and that's saying something!

The *only* possible idea I can think of is that the BWA Business Banking Centre on Northbourne Avenue *might* be able to help with the RTGS transaction given the lack of Consumer banking facilities in Canberra and the size of the transaction, but that's something the crack sqaud of Forum Admins are going to need to help get an answer on - or come up with an alternative option.

@LyndsC, @PeteW - over to you on this one.

Forum Manager
SOLUTION

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 3 of 5 1,122 Views

Thanks for the question @rhubarbcliffs and for the tag @thewinchester.

This is actually nice and easy to do. For our remote/international customers we have a form to fill out and email through for us to process for you. Make sure when you fill it out you put the mobile number that we already have on file for you and send it to imt.retail@bankwest.com.au Our team will then give you a call to identify you and complete the transaction. You should plan ahead and start the process a few days before payment is due to avoid delays.

Hope this helps!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
Frequent Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 4 of 5 1,120 Views

@PeteW: Can I suggest talking with the relevant stakeholders, to get updates to http://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/payments-services/moving-your-money/payments-in-australia?tab=rt... and http://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/payments-services/moving-your-money/payment-cut-off-times; to 1) provide a link to the form you've added in your post, and 2) clarify that alert native options are available if there aren't Bankwest stores near the customer who wishes to use RTGS?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Posted by rhubarbcliffs rhubarbcliffs
Message 5 of 5 1,117 Views

Thanks @PeteW that is much easier than going to Sydney, although now I don't have an excuse for a day trip Smiley Wink

I second @thewinchester with his suggestion of making this more obvious, looking at the RTGS info page on the site it just seems like you'd have to go into a branch.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.