Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Joint Account

Posted by Michael_C Michael_C
Message 1 of 2 574 Views

My parter and I would like to combine our finances and open a joint account.  I already have a home loan with Bankwest and associated offset accounts.  I was just wondering if there is anyway to get her added to my pre-existing account? I read somewhere that its best to open a new account in both names, but I don't think thats practical in this case

0 Kudos

Re: Joint Account

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 559 Views

Hey @Michael_C , thanks for your enquiry. 
If you are wanting to add your partner to your existing account, you would both need to pop into a branch to complete a Signatory Access request. If you'd like to look at opening a joint account instead you can do so, as the process is the same if you don't already hold a joint account (wherein you'd need to head into the branch). 
You can locate your closest Bankwest branch here. 
Thank you. 

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.