Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Joint Account Application

Posted by 4flyen 4flyen
Message 1 of 2 852 Views

I am an existing Bankwest customer and at a stage where my partner and I want to open a joint account.  I went online to see my options and under help, peronal and online application it clearly states what I need to do and the information that is required.  Including when making application for a joint account.  When I go and do the actual applicatoin there is no option for a joint application and when I contacted Bankwest, they told me the only way we can do this is by visiting a branch despite both of us already being Bankwest customers.  In this day and age I find this really inconvenient and especially what happens when we dont work near each other?

0 Kudos

Re: Joint Account Application

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 2 843 Views

Hi @4flyen, thanks for contacting us about this. Joint applications are something our team is working on to try help make this process a bit easier. Currently you both do need to visit a store to open a joint account.

As you both work in different areas, you can visit a store separately - the first one of you to go in simply gives the application number to the other for when they go into the store.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.