Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
dkb
Visitor

How do I get an update on a submitted dispute transaction form?

Posted by dkb dkb
Message 1 of 4 465 Views

Simply, card was compromised whilst I was overseas, contacted Bankwest, had the card cancelled, submitted a disputed transaction form and two weeks later I'm trying to get a status update of the disupte and all I get are the standard responses back from the Bankwest telling me shat to do if my card is compromised? I'm starting to feel a lot like Bill Murray in 'Groundhog Day' with this dispute. Is there anyone capable of actually helping me in relation to this request (don't give me an Australia telephone number because I'm still overseas and want to get the updates online), all I want is an update on the dispute? With the correspondence I've been receiving I'm worried that Bankwest has just ignored the email I sent through the message centre with the disputed transaction form? 

At an ask the problem here may well be the processing (or lack of) from an offshore call centre.

0 Kudos

Re: How do I get an update on a submitted dispute transaction form?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 462 Views

Hi @dkb, sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting an update.

Once a dispute is received, we endeavour to resolve this within 6 - 8 weeks - though this time frame is a worst case scenario. Whilst we can't access your accounts via the Forum, if you can log in to Online Banking and select "Ask Us" via the Mobile App menu (from an Android Device only), or "Message us Now" from a PC, our Online Team would be happy to help out at any time with a status update.

Alternatively if you can't access Online Banking, you can give us a buzz on +61 8 9486 4130 from a landline overseas. This is a 24/7 reverse charges number, though as you would need to contact the International Operator in the country you are in, I am unable to advise if there would be any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.

I can also confirm that our Contact Centre's are based here in WA, and in Sydney.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
dkb
Visitor

Posted by dkb dkb
Message 3 of 4 459 Views

This is the whole problem with this case. I called up once noticing the transactions, the card was closed and I then proceeded to submit a dispute form through Bankwest mail. So after two weeks I submit a mail through the online messages and I get this back ; 

'I have had a look through the case file and I can see the team have 
issued a letter to you on the 25/5/18 advising that for us to assist 
further with the dispute, we require card xxx7862 to be closed. Please 
reply confirming your mailing address and I can assist further. 
Alternatively, please click on "message us now" to speak to a colleague 
in real time who can process the request quickly for you.'

I thought the card was closed when I initially called up to report transactions made in WA when I'm in France? Also has Bankwest received the dispute form and if so what's the status of the dispute if the card hasn't been closed? The operator at the time said that they would not issue a replacement card until I was back in Australia, so should a replacement card be required on my return can I safely assume that the old card has been closed, and if should this be the case why isn't the dispute progressing? 

I look forward to a standard response (received three of them now)

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 453 Views

I do appreciate your concerns @dkb, though as mentioned we can't view your account to see where this is up to. If you can please pop us through your full name, current location and best contact number to Forum@Bankwest.com.au we'll get in touch.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.