Message 1 of 12 8,767 Views

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: How do I close my account?

[ Edited ]
Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 12 8,760 Views

Hi @jarae,

We have a few options to close your account/s and would obviously like the opportunity to talk to you before you close your account to see if ther's something we can do to help.

You can either, pop into a Bankwest store, or log into online banking and have a live chat with us or send us a Bankmail message. Alternatively you can call us on 13 17 19 8am-8pm lcal time 7 days a week. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

Closing an Account

[ Edited ]
Posted by Minouck Minouck
Message 3 of 12 8,397 Views

Hi,

I have opened up a student account, and I would like to shut down my previous Lite Direct account as it no longer gets used. How would I go about doing this? Do I need to show paperwork (ID, etc) and how much? Also, I have negative in that account from fees being taken out over the months as I assumed I'd probably have to go to a Bankwest in person and I did not have the time to do this. Would I need to put the money back into the account to make sure the balance is at 0 before I can shut it down?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Re: Closing an Account

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 4 of 12 8,392 Views

Hi @Minouck, we can certainly help get this Lite Direct Account closed so you can use your new Student Account as your primary account. To arrange this you would need to deposit funds to bring your balance to $0 (You can do this via online banking)

Once you've done this you can log into online banking to live chat with us so we can get this closed, alternatively you can call us on 13 17 19 to arrange this.

Posted by julz1974 julz1974
Message 5 of 12 8,425 Views

thank u il send msg

0 Kudos

Posted by julz1974 julz1974
Message 6 of 12 8,424 Views

how do i chat with some one

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 7 of 12 8,418 Views

Hi @julz1974, you can access live chat by logging into online banking using a computer and selecting the orange "chat now" button in the bottom right hand of the page. Thanks!

0 Kudos

How do I close my personal account?

Posted by Laitszching Laitszching
Message 8 of 12 8,014 Views

I want to close my account but I don't know how to send bank ail message to you cuz I can't find it . 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.