Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Jc

How can I set up a payment due alert on my account, without using the mobile App?

Posted by Jc Jc
Message 1 of 3 340 Views

In November, I chose to receive my statement electronically to avoid the $1.25 paper fee.  I received my first paperless statement through email on the 2nd of December, but the payment was only due on the 28th.  As this was a change of habit foe me, I completely forgot about this and only made the payment this morning (the 29th).

My payment was one day late and i got hit with the $25 late fee.  I intend to go back to paper statements, unless there is a way to receive a payment reminder (SMS or email), as any late fee is equivalent to 20 months of paper statements at $1.25 each.

Please let me know if it is possible to set up a payment due alert on my account, without using the mobile App.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: How can I set up a payment due alert on my account, without using the mobile App?

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 3 337 Views

Sorry @Jc, the Easy Alerts feature of the Bankwest App is the only way to request such alerts at the moment, as previously confirmed in this thread.

What you've asked for is the subject of an existing feature request that's been made here on the forums, which has been forwarded to the responsible team for consideration.

@LyndsC: Is there any chance of a progress update on that feature request? i.e. Has the suggested enhancement been accepted for future development, or been lucky enough to already be on the schedule of a future release cycle?

0 Kudos

Re: How can I set up a payment due alert on my account, without using the mobile App?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 3 332 Views

Hi @Jc, currently our easy alerts via our mobile app are the only payment reminder we currently have. We do have the function to future date your payments in our online banking, so it may be best to set up a transfer for the due date when you first receive your eStatement to avoid missing the due date in future.

In regards to the requested feature, at this stage we don't have any new updates @thewinchester, however we will let you know as soon as we do.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.