Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

How can I increase limit on my withdrawals, transactions etc

Posted by yvestanaki yvestanaki
Message 1 of 6 2,375 Views

Hi there, 

Last weekend I went to pay my rent which is $1,100 all up. 

I always use Eftpos. 

When I went to make the payment it said that I had reached maximum withdrawal....

So could only pay $1000 that day (wild guess that this may have been my max limit) and then I was unable to pay the remainder $100 as well as use the card all day until the following day. 

Please advise how I am able to change my limit to unlimited or highest limit you have as this was very annoying. 

Thanks please reply. 

0 Kudos
Forum Manager
SOLUTION

Re: How can I increase limit on my withdrawals, transactions etc

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 2 of 6 2,368 Views

Thanks for your question @yvestanaki and for giving plenty of detail!

At this point in time the solution is for you to select the 'credit' option when paying via EFTPOS as it overrides the $1,000 daily limit for debit cards - you just need to have the funds available in your account.

Alternatively if you pay via Online Banking (Pay AnyBody ($5k limit) or BPAY) if the limits aren't enough we can help with temporary increases.

The good news is, we're currently looking at how we can make this process easier for our customers to increase their daily limits so stay tuned because we'll announce a great improvement like this in the Forum and through our Facebook and Twitter accounts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.

Posted by nkgye nkgye
Message 3 of 6 1,815 Views

I need to increase my limit today am overseas and rely on credit card and $1000aud in the USA is not much!!  Never had a limit on my credit card when in Australia so really stupid rule to put one on when you go overseas!!  Can you please help me?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 6 1,811 Views

Hi @nkhgye, while the daily limit can't be changed, it will only apply to cash withdrawals from a card. If you're selecting credit in a store you will be able to access the full available balance.

0 Kudos

Posted by GEOFF1942 GEOFF1942
Message 5 of 6 928 Views

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 6 925 Views

Hi @GEOFF1942, while we can't increase your withdrawal limits per day, I can let you know that this is per card, so if you have more than one card you can access funds from both up to $1000 per day. In regards to transaction limits, if the card is a credit card or Mastercard debit card you can access the full available balance and no transaction limits by selecting the "credit" option at point of sale. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.