Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Fitbit Pay

Posted by Stupples Stupples
Message 1 of 13 1,951 Views

Hi,

Can someone from the Bank advise when Bankwest will offer Fitbit pay please?   I can't use my watch to pay because Bankwest aren't signed up even though all other major banks are including your parent and owner CBA... 

Cheers 

Re: Fitbit Pay

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 13 1,944 Views

Hi @Stupples, great question. I actually got myself a Fitbit yesterday so I appreciate how handy this feature would be! Unfortunately we don't have any information on Fitbit Pay coming to Bankwest at the moment, however if this changes we will certainly advise our customers via our Social Channels. Thanks!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Posted by Stupples Stupples
Message 3 of 13 1,939 Views

Thanks for the update. Mobile type payments are becoming more and more of an important function going forward so hopefully the bank will review this pretty quickly given all the other Australian banks are offering it.

I don't want to sound extreme but it is a valid enough reason to swap banks in this day and age so hopefully BankWest has a user payment strategy that considers a wide range of options including things like Fitbit pay.

Cheers

Posted by Koalaman Koalaman
Message 4 of 13 1,839 Views

Yes, I agree, I have a Fitbit and would think most banks should be coming on to this as well as it seems the way people are going to use things like Fitbit and Smartwatches to pay for things. as BankWest does not use this Technology I am using another Bank that has Fitbit for making payments etc but would rather use my preferred bank.

So come on BankWest lets move into where the future is moving too. 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 5 of 13 1,830 Views

I hear you @Koalaman, and as a Fitbit user myself appreciate where you are coming from. Whilst we currently support Android Pay, we don't have any news on Fitbit Pay at this time. When we do, you'll be among the first to hear about it!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by mark1000 mark1000
Message 6 of 13 1,792 Views

Would be great of BankWest could set this up. ANZ, Commonweath, NAB, Westpac have this already

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 7 of 13 1,776 Views

Hi @mark1000, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. We don't currently have any news on Fitbit Pay, as soon as we do we will make sure to share this with our customers.

0 Kudos

Posted by spaghetio spaghetio
Message 8 of 13 1,179 Views

Has the sittuation with fitbit pay changed yet? Like other posters have said, its a pretty significant reason to switch banks if its not even in development 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.