Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor

Complaint about Online messenger team abusing their work title

Posted by David2019 David2019
Message 1 of 5 741 Views

So I have still still waiting for the results for our ATM dispute (mainly ATM took our $3200 without deposited into My account) and messaged the online team and called phone banking to enquire about the progress regarding this case. While I understand the online messenger team cannot replace the CST team, but they are an online team for a reason. Disappointingly, the online messenger was not wiling to look through their policy to answer a few general question they just copy and paste everytime without really reading what I asked. Then we got into an argument and their also used agressive language towards me. Threathen to terminate the conversation and then the conversation was terminated.

Immediately after that, I no longer got access to my online banking account. Could not retreive my secure code via normal SMS as well. So I have called the 131719 again , I personally went through ID check and then authorised my wife to speak on my behalf. The person handled this call told us that the account was placed on restriction because someone pretended to be me. I told them no such thing, only my wife and I (which everytime I personally went through ID check and then hand the phone to my wife because she helped me do the translation on phone). And then the customer person sent us a new secure code.

This is because the online team has placed on a restriction saying someon inpersonated me!! which is untrue and This is retarliation from the person who spoke to us.

I then logged on my mobile phone app like I usually did with my new secure code. I pressed the online banking messenger and said Hi, after I saw the person responding was the person previously I had talked to, I closed the entire app.

And then same thing and even worse, now I could not even logged on to my account any more. I called 131719 again. then I again went through ID checks over the phone again , but then I was told "my daughter inpersonated me online and my account was frozen and now have to wait for the CST team to call me " By the way, the customer assistant who was behind this call was very rude as well.

Wow. this has just gone to a whole new level. I never knew I have a daughter???  such a big imagination

It looks like your only goal is to make things harder for your customer.

why would a simple "Hi" attract your attention and thinks it is from my daughter if not just a pure retarliation becasue your online team had that unpleasant convo with me.

Firstly you took my $3200 and now I could not even log onto my own account because of your retarliation. I have told you guys no one inpersonated me, all I have used is my own computer to log on and the same phone.  and everytime I called you guys, I went through ID checks myself and let my wife talk on the phone . This kind of communication was agreed  by your phone team no issue because I indeed need her to translate things for me.

you have taken my $3200 and went through rediculous tedidious procedures, which is disapointngly enough. At least have the curteosy and discipline your staff and not do unethical things like this.

I have repeatedly told you guys I really could not answer your bankwest call during business hours, especially at a random time you called. I have authorised my wife to accept the call. but you didn't call her. ok then I went home after work and finally can talk, your CST team is off work then.

So do you have other solution?

Unlock my account and stop this kind of abuse to my account!

0 Kudos

Re: Complaint about Online messenger team abusing their work title

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 5 737 Views

Hi @David2019, I'm very sorry for the experience you've had with our Online Messaging and Customer Solutions Team and understand your case is now with our Customer Care Team. 

I hope we can resolve this for you as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Message 3 of 5 736 Views

I have already call up 131719 last night and gone through ID checks again and the customer person unlocked my account . However, it got immediately blocked again.There is no indication of any 3rd party logging into my account on my behalf. You staff continue to create troubles for me.

You are still owing me $3200 , you have so much time to create trouble for me yet not spending your time to solve the $3200 for me.

Customer solution team still did not confirm a time to call me

This is ridiculous!

Your online team retarliated after a verbal conflicts ina a name of "duty care" then blocked my account, saying that I was my daughter. You guys know well that I have been checking my account for the 3200 to be deposited back!! There is no suspicous transaction or anything! I have been only using the bankwest app on 2 of my devices! it has been the same for the past year! this is absub!

I have gone through SO MANY ID checks with you already! unblock my account! how dare you took my money and now block my account!! Karma will come to you natrually if you continue  to treat your customers like this!!

also this account I used it regularly. How dare you block my account randomly and now I have to wait for your call. you guys clearly wrote and email will call me 7am AWET time today however no call!!!

How dare you?

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 4 of 5 733 Views

@David2019, I can appreciate this is a stressful situation.

The team will be in touch between 4-5pm AWST today as per your request via email. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Message 5 of 5 732 Views

Yep as they didn't confirm this is time they would call hence the above post

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.