Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Change of Name

Posted by Amyrid03 Amyrid03
Message 1 of 6 888 Views

I'm recently married and just wanting to know how I go about changing my maiden name to my married name on bank accounts held with Bankwest?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Change of Name

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 6 880 Views

Hi @Amyrid03 - congratulations on your wedding, I hope you had an awesome day! You can view our Change of Name form which will need to be completed and bought into a Bankwest store with your marriage certificate. We can then update our system and order new cards etc with your new name. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Posted by Amielittle Amielittle
Message 3 of 6 666 Views
Hi I need to change my name as I got married. I've filled in the form and have my certificate. I know I am to bring it into a branch to sort it out but there are no branches near me. Can I post it instead?
0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 6 664 Views

Hi @Amielittle, as long as you can send through a certified copy of your change of name documents (wedding certificate), you can certainly post this to us. Our postal address is Bankwest PO Box E237 Perth WA 6841

0 Kudos

Posted by lprollo lprollo
Message 5 of 6 638 Views

So I popped in to my local store as suggested at around 1100 this morning with my 8 month old in tow to change my name only to be told that I had to make an appointment and could I come back at 1400. Nowhere on the change of name form does it say that an appointment needs to be made!

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 6 of 6 634 Views

Hi @lprollo, I'm so sorry our store were not able to assist you at the time you visted. At some points in the days our stores can be rather busy and colleagues are in with other customers. During these times rather than asking you to wait for a long period of time we try to organise a time that's suitable for you to pop in. As often as we can, we try to help customers without appointments however in some cases this is not possible. If you need any further help please just let us know.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.