Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Senior Contributor

Re: How can i over draw my account

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 9 of 13 3,364 Views

@Jakeyboy: It depends on the type of account, and when it was opened.

Some transaction accounts opened prior to 18 NOV 2013 have a safety net facility, which is a "fee-free and interest-free Overdraft Facility of up to $100, which means that we may honour payments that result in your account being overdrawn by up to $100 without charge."

If your account was opened after this date, BWA can elect to honour a transaction which may overdraw your account. If this happens, you may be charged an honour fee.

You can find full details of how your account is handled in these situations by reading the product schedule. To find it for your product, go to the Personal > Everyday Accounts page, find your account and click learn more, then click on the Read the small print link towards the bottom of the page. You can find the product schedule there, along with all the other documents related to your account.

And if you think your account has been incorrectly allowed to go into a negative balance, think you're due a fee refund, or have a financial hardship situation you need the banks help with - give Customer Service a call at your next chance.

Re: How can i over draw my account

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 10 of 13 3,362 Views

Thanks for your question @Jakeyboy, can I ask what type of account you're referring to?

And also thanks to @thewinchester for sharing the answer above :-)

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Re: Can I get an overdraft?

Posted by Tyler12 Tyler12
Message 11 of 13 2,149 Views

0 Kudos

What my money

Posted by Tyler12 Tyler12
Message 12 of 13 2,149 Views

0 Kudos

Re: Which account can be overdrawn?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 13 of 13 2,151 Views

Hi @Tyler12, can I ask what you're after today?

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.