Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Forum Manager
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Can I get an overdraft?

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 7 of 10 3,646 Views

At Bankwest, our everyday accounts don’t have an overdraft facility.

If you feel you may need access to extra funds before your next pay, or if your account is already overdrawn, you could consider a low limit on a credit card (T&Cs, fees & charges apply) and possibly get a card with no annual fee.

Please keep in mind there is an application process so you won't have instant access to money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos

Temporary overdraft on everyday transaction account

[ Edited ]
Posted by ccm2103 ccm2103
Message 1 of 10 4,070 Views

I was just wondering how I can activate a short term overdraft facility on my new account. I am expecting a large sum of money in the next 30/days but DONT want to take out a personal loan or credit card at this stage.

0 Kudos

Re: Temporary overdraft

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 10 4,067 Views

Hi @ccm2103, unfortunately we don't have the facility to offer temporary overdrafts, so a credit card or personal loan would be the only options we have available. If you decide that you wanted to apply for one, please bare in mind that these do have an application process and would not be immediate.

0 Kudos

Overdraw

Posted by amyshanai amyshanai
Message 3 of 10 3,784 Views
Just wondering if I need to go in store to get a temporary overdraw on my account?
0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Re: Overdraw

[ Edited ]
Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 4 of 10 3,776 Views

Sorry @amyshanai but this isn't a facility we offer on our accounts. For your future needs you may want to consider having a spare/emergncy credit card, even one without an annual fee.

○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos

Which account can be overdrawn?

Posted by Sparkygyppo Sparkygyppo
Message 5 of 10 3,644 Views
Hi im looking for an account which can be overdrawn up to $100...?
0 Kudos
Forum Manager
SOLUTION

Re: Which account can be overdrawn?

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 6 of 10 3,642 Views

Hi @Sparkygyppo, we don't have an account with this feature available but do have credit cards with a minimum limit of $1,000 and no annual fee which may be an option for you in times of need.

0 Kudos

How can i over draw my account

Posted by Jakeyboy Jakeyboy
Message 8 of 10 3,472 Views

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.