Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Can I be debited from my savings account for automatic payments?

Posted by JenaHallani JenaHallani
Message 1 of 4 652 Views
I recently joined a membership program and linked my BankWest Telenet Saver account to it for the charges. However the membership club sent me an email saying the automatic payment was unsuccessful due to the reason being " Technically invalid". Is that because I can only transfer funds to and from that account as it is a savings account? And any automatic payments can only be debited from my secondary student account where I usually make payments from? I linked the savings account because it was easier for the automatic payments as I knew there will always be funds there in comparison to my student account (which I use for regular daily payments) with the possibility there may not be enough money at the time of automatic payments. Please advise.
0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Can I be debited from my savings account for automatic payments?

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 4 650 Views

Hi @JenaHallani, thanks for contacting us in regards to the Telenet Savings account you've opened. The only way to withdraw from this account is to transfer funds to your linked account (which in this case it seems you've linked it to your Student account) This means that you wouldn't be able to set up any direct debits from your student account. If you'd like you can set up a reoccurring linked account transfer via your online banking to ensure the funds are always in your Student account ready for the direct debit. Hope that helps.

Posted by Rootail33 Rootail33
Message 3 of 4 346 Views

Can I get n anser if any money is processing in my account

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 343 Views

Hi @Rootail33, can I ask what you mean by this? Are you referring to funds you're waiting in being transferred to your account?

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.