Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Branch ATM Retained a Cash Deposit

Posted by haroldwalden haroldwalden
Message 1 of 2 448 Views

So depositing some cash at a Bankwest branch ATM and it retained the $500 that I put into it without depositing the funds into my account or giving me a receipt for the transaction. I have filled in an ATM dispute form but I am worried that this form will just get lost with all the other paperwork that Bankwest receive and I will be chasing this money up for months. 

I have seen threads where people are having their disputes fixed promptly so I thought I would use it as a way of trying to get it resolved and the money in my account ASAP. 

Thanks in advance, 

Harold

0 Kudos

Re: Branch ATM Retained a Cash Deposit

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 447 Views

Hi @haroldwalden, I can certainly appreciate your concerns here.

Once you've submitted the form, it can take 1 - 2 business days for a case to be opened. Once this happens, you're most welcome to get in touch at any time to follow up and confirm the status of your dispute. We advise that it can take 21 - 45 calendar days to finalise to allow enough time for the ATM to be counted and checked securely, though it will not always take this long!

Via the Forum we're unable to view your accounts or your case, so you can login to your Online Banking and select the "Message us Now" tab to speak with a consultant, or you can call 13 17 19. For your convenience, both of these services are available 24/7.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.