Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Bank transfer decline

Posted by Adelerose Adelerose
Message 1 of 2 451 Views
Hi BankWest. I sent $50 over seas via western union on Saturday 25/06/16 and after I entered the sms code to complete the purchase it said my transfer was declined by my bank. I then checked my bank account I noticed the amount was already deducted. I've contacted western union and they said they will email Bankwest regarding this matter and for the money to be returned. I also called BankWest customer service and was advised that nobody is able to send money as banks are having issues over seas etc. She also could not determine when things will go back to normal. So I was wondering what will be the outcome of this situation, when will I have my money returned in my account? Thank you
0 Kudos

Re: Bank transfer decline

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 2 446 Views

Hi @Adelerose, I'm sorry to hear you were unable to send the funds overseas. All of our online international transfer services are currently running so you should be able to do this online. Please note that there is a $20 fee to send money overseas via online banking.

When you send an International Transfer, the money passes through one or more financial institutions along the way. These banks may deduct a processing fee and the recipient’s bank may charge a receiving fee. Unfortunately these additional fees are out of our control.

You may want to send a little bit extra to cover these potential costs.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.