Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Bank attempting a scheduled payment too early

Posted by Mr_MR Mr_MR
Message 1 of 2 754 Views

I had a scheduled payment set for Mon 10 Dec. Based on your payment cut-off schedule, this payment would be transacted after 3 pm Perth time (AWST). Why is it then that I get an email at 1:54 am (AWST) that the payment has failed? In my other banks this would mean the payment would be attempted on Sunday evening.

Why does Bankwest attempt to transact the payment before the business day has even started as opposed to your own published schedule?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Bank attempting a scheduled payment too early

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 730 Views

Hi @Mr_MR, I do apologise as it looks as though you've misunderstood the difference between our payment cut-off times and processing times.

The cut-off time is for online banking transfers to be processed same day. - Eg, if you submit a Pay Anybody transfer prior to 3pm it will process same day, if after 3pm, it'll process on the following business day.

These cut-off times don't apply to scheduled payments. 

Scheduled payments are the first batch of processing completed each day, so they will process between 12am - 2am WST. To ensure these process correctly and not fail, you'll need to ensure the account has sufficient funds to cover the payment by close of business the day prior. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.