Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Bank Cheque

Posted by manatj manatj
Message 1 of 4 558 Views

To get a Bank cheque you must have the funds available, I would assume that the details of the cheque,number amount and payee name would be loaded on to a computer when issued, so why is there a dely in allocating the funds to my account.

More so when the bank cheque has come from a Bankwest account and branch in the metro area and went into a Bankwest account 2 hours later also in the metro area.

No foriegn currency involved and the same bank yet still more than 3 days.

Is this the banks way of making money by short term investments or some other banking practice which has not made it into 21st century better banking.

0 Kudos

Re: Bank Cheque

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 546 Views

Hi @manatj, as bank cheques are written in store, we need to confirm with the store that wrote the cheque that the funds are available and that the cheque has not been cancelled. As we are reliant on that store, we do need to provide time for them to respond, which is why the 3 business days clearance are required.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by aharp94 aharp94
Message 3 of 4 445 Views

I partially work at a patrol station and an internee in a local firm.
i have been given a cheque book from my bank and i want to customize it
I have been refered by a friend about Carousel promo codes, stating that they have nice ideas and having many discount coupons etc. 
Would it be okay for an internee and a worker at station to keep such a customized cheque book?

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 440 Views

Hi @aharp94, can I confirm if this is a Bankwest cheque book that you are referring to?

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.