Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

Atm machine ate my deposit

Posted by phuongle2309 phuongle2309
Message 1 of 8 535 Views

Hi there,

I went to the ATM machine in Melbourne, Bourke st this morning to deposit $5740 cash. After beep beep sound, the machine had been out of service and said my money were kept at the machine, please contact Bankwest. I tried to call them to tell them about my difficulties. 

I’m now very anxious as i came back to the bank the afternoon and saw that the machine has been working. I checked my bank account but there is no new balance of 5740$. What should i do now? Where does my money gone? I wish that tomorrow the bank open but there is a public holiday tomorrow?? Why the machine did not reject the money if there is a ramp like other aTM’s machine? I have never ever seen that happened before??

i have to use my money next week, how lo g does it take to get it solved??? I’m so stressful nowSmiley Sad

can anyone help me with that?

0 Kudos

Re: Atm machine ate my deposit

Message 2 of 8 534 Views

Also, the machine just gave back my atm card without a receipt or any proofSmiley Sad(

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 8 527 Views

It was $8,740, not $5,740, my typing errorSmiley Sad(... just so worrySmiley Sad(((... help meSmiley Sad(

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 8 519 Views

Hi @phuongle2309, I can certainly appreciate this would be concerning for you. 

The first thing you'll need to do here is complete a Transaction Dispute form, which you can obtain under the "General" heading via this link. Once completed, you will be able to scan and upload the document via BankMail, through the "Message Centre" tab of your Online Banking. Alternatively, you can fax this to 1300 765 515, or post it to Bankwest: PO Box E237, Perth WA 6841. Our ATM Disputes team will investigate this for you as swiftly as possible, and be in touch if they require any further information. 

Via the Forum we're unable to view your customer profile I'm sorry, so if you would like to follow this up, you can call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19, or you can click the "Message us Now" button once logged into your Online Banking from a PC. For your convenience, both services are available 24/7. 

Let me know how you go.  

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 8 517 Views

Thanks,

i did contact to customer serviceand they asked me to fill the form and return it to the branch. I will do it tomorrow morning as today is a public holiday. However, is there any chance that i can get it solved asap... im just too worry about itSmiley Sad(

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 6 of 8 505 Views

Our ATM Disputes team will have a resolution for you as soon as possible @phuongle2309. I understand that this would be a stressful time, so once the form has been received and processed by the team (please allow 1 - 2 business days for a case to be created) you're most welcome to follow up with our Contact Centre at any time.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 7 of 8 483 Views

Hi there,

this happened to my on the Sunday (11/3) and i’m still waiting for the report after getting in touch with you customer relation dep. i’m wondering does it take that long to re-balance your bank’s counting? Just so stressfull, let imagine that is your money and someone kept it but with no answer when you can get your money back. I don’t think it does take that long for the bank reconciliation. Can anyone give me an appropriate and reasonable answer to keep me waiting for this long?? I do like Bankwest, however, this is so disappointed.

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 8 of 8 477 Views

For security reasons @phuongle2309, we can't access or discuss your personal account information over the forum, so we'd need to speak with you over the phone on 13 17 19 or via our secure messaging service to look into this.

You can access messaging by logging into online banking using a computer and selecting "Message us now".

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.