Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

ATM deposit taken my money

Posted by CAB3006 CAB3006
Message 1 of 7 1,031 Views
Hi
This after noon in Melbounre Bourke street I deposited $305 dollars into a cash deposit ATM .
The ATM has has taken my money and put nothing into my account ! Really not happy and when I spoke to the lady in the bank she told to fill out a dispute form , please can I be told when I will be getting this money back I need to pay someone by Friday
0 Kudos

Re: ATM deposit taken my money

Message 2 of 7 1,029 Views
The Bank west branch I went into was Melbourne Bourke Street ! Can I get an answer ASAP
Thankyou
0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 3 of 7 1,024 Views

Hi @CAB3006, sorry to hear this! The best way for us to look into this is for you to complete the transaction dispute form so we can reconcile the ATM and get this sorted ASAP.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 4 of 7 1,022 Views

As a personal word of advice, always get a receipt when making a deposit at an ATM.

This means you have instant documentary proof that you made the deposit, and can work wonders if you have any regrettable issues like you've described.

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 7 1,020 Views
I have filled that form out today and was told I can't help you from the bank clerk /assistant anymore . This system is useless and hopeless , I'm the one that has tryed to do the right thing and used the ATM cash deposit in full trust in the application and it takes my money with no way of getting it back now I'm told to fill out a form that disputes weather I put the money in there at all ? (I have proof from the person that gave it to my and you can check the cameras )
I bank thousands of dollars with BankWest each month and I pay on time everytime with out fail .
Now I'm told I have to wait 21-45 days for a processing team to liaise with other financial institutions to review my case WTF ?
Last time I checked I'm the one out of pocket for no reason , I just want my $305 dollars back .

Please get in touch with me ASAP as I want this matter resolved within the next couple of days the time frame I have be told BANK WEST works to is discracful .
0 Kudos

Message 6 of 7 1,019 Views
Hey mate I usually do get the recipet for this reason but It didn't even get that far the machine just started beeping gave my card back and went blank with a message 😢 I was so frustrated I can't even remember what it said .
Thanks for your thoughts .
0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 7 of 7 1,014 Views

Hi @CAB3006, I completely understand and as you've mentioned and suggested to us to check the cameras this is the type of thing that may be involved so we can confirm the deposit was made. Generally we don't need to go as far as checking cameras as can organise for the ATM to be cleared and reconciled so we can confirm the funds were put in the ATM without being credited. As soon as this is done we can organise the deposit to your account. For transaction disputes we do say 4-6 weeks however as mentioned, the sooner we get the transaction dispute form (which you've done) our team can then look into this for you.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.