Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Highlighted

60 second Real-time payment transfers just introduced

[ Edited ]
Posted by Timoc500 Timoc500
Message 1 of 5 1,758 Views

CBA, NAB and Westpac all introduced real-time payments to any individual across any bank in 60 seconds today (refer link below). When can we expect Bankwest to bring this in?

Still waiting for Apple Pay to be introduced many years on - I hope we won’t be waiting as long for this.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/bank-transfers-in-less-than-a-minute-as-real-time...

0 Kudos

Re: 60 second Real-time payment transfers just introduced

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 5 1,753 Views

Hi @Timoc500, we're really excited about the NPP and it's certainly a business priority for Bankwest.  We're continuing to work with the other NPP participants across the banking industry and we're investing significant resources in order to bring NPP to our customers.
We'll be launching in the coming months, but given it's a brand new service, we're taking some extra time to ensure that when we do launch, it's a smooth and seamless experience for our customers.
In the meantime, you can take some simple steps to prepare for NPP by ensuring your mobile number is up to date for PayID, and visiting your app store to check you're always using the latest version of our Mobile App.
I can help you with this and I can also guide you to where you can find out more about NPP.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by stenkypete stenkypete
Message 3 of 5 1,730 Views

This is relly dissapointing.  All financial institutions have known about this for a long time now.  I was very excited to finally see my money was going to be availble to me when i needed it between banks and now bank west has let everyone down again.  I dont get why its so hard to get it done.

Posted by woodenworm woodenworm
Message 4 of 5 1,340 Views

I noticed that this conversation is now heading on for nearly 2 months old, yep that's nearly 8 weeks and still no announcement about when Bankwest is going to introduce NPP.

There was a mention below about the concept being "brand new service" and "taking some extra time".  What I don't get is that it was "band new" to other banks too and they have been able to roll it out before now, why can't Bankwest?

Also, Bankwest is a division of the Commonwealth Bank which has already rolled out this service. What is taking so long?  I would have thought that if the bank were serious about it's customers then it would have put some time-frame on when this was going to happen.  Not only does this help for accountability but it signals how seriously the bank really does value it's customer base?

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 5 of 5 1,331 Views

Hi @woodenworm, thanks for your enquiry. I can definitely appreciate why you're so keen on this - we are too! Whilst we don't yet have a fixed date to share with you I'm sorry, you'll definitely be hearing more from us in the near future. PayID is a big priority for us, and we're really looking forward to bringing it to our customers as soon as possible.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.