Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

paid off credit card after putting a hold on it...what's next??

Posted by kamper17 kamper17
Message 1 of 2 486 Views

Hi BW Team ~

Last year, I put a hold on my credit card which was a really great feature of your credit cards...  it was offered to me as I was worried I couldn't pay it off and instead just keep using it.  So the lady I spoke to at the call centre told me to put a hold on it that way I couldn't use it while im trying to pay it off but that I can always call back if I wanna lift the hold and use my card again.

So I have finally fully paid my credit card and have zero balance and I have requested for some credit to be refunded to my bank account.  

Can I still keep the card active??  

I realised if I have to reapply again at some stage it will affect my credit score so I was thinking to just keep it active at zero balance if in case I have to use it in the future.

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Re: paid off credit card after putting a hold on it...what's next??

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 484 Views

Hi @kamper1, for security reasons I can't access or discuss any personal account information over the forum, so I'm unable to see the status of your account, but if your credit card is still open you can certainly keep it active. It would be a good idea to give us a call on 13 17 19 so we can check on the status for you. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.