Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

credit card

Posted by hillskill hillskill
Message 1 of 3 942 Views

My Bankwest Qantas credit card (and my husband's) works only in about 2 out of 10 transactions in shops, restaurants etc. It is very embarrassing and if my husband had not had a British credit card we would be having to pay cash most of the time. Can you explain what is happening (plenty of cash on the credit card) and if anyone else has complained about this. We are in the UK. I had no trouble with my card in Australia before I left. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Re: credit card

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 3 940 Views

Hi @hillskill, without being able to identify you to view if there are any holds your card I'm unsure as to why this may be the case. However if it is working some of the time then it may be on the merchant side. May be best to ensure that the merchant accepts Mastercard and that you're inserting or swiping the card if Paypass does not work.

0 Kudos
Rookie

Re: credit card

Posted by mayhewga mayhewga
Message 3 of 3 836 Views

My wife found her card which is linked to mine, started to misbehave in a similar manner in that sometimes it would work and other times not, whether at ATMs or eftpos machines.

As my card worked, that eliminated any accoun issues so we assumed it was an intermittantly faulty chip, and fortunately it also played up as we demonstrated it to the staff at our branch, so within a couple of days she had a shiny new card and no more problems.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.