Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

What does a payslip check policy actually achieve?

Posted by oreillycameron oreillycameron
Message 1 of 2 383 Views

I am in the progress of applying for a top up on my home loan.  For the past 5 years my partner and I have been paid into a Bankwest account.  We have a Bankwest homeloan. We were told first, that we didn't need to supply payslips because of being paid into Bankwest account - great!  Then later that day we were told due to some defaults on the account that we would need to supply payslips becauase it is company policy.

The defaults were due to direct debits between the transaction account and the homeloan.  I have never defautled on a home loan payment.  In fact, my home loan account has always been between $1000 - $5000 in surplus. 

I was told that it is a Bankwest policy that if there is a default that I need to send in my payslips.  My question is, what, at all, does that policy achieve?  Considering my payments have been regular for the past 5 years from one employer, what piece of information in my payslip will help with the desicion making process?  

0 Kudos

Re: What does a payslip check policy actually achieve?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 350 Views

Hi @oreillycameron, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. While I can understand where you're coming from, we are unable to disclose the reasoning behind our lending guidelines. If you're unhappy with our processes, it would be best to complete a Customer Relations Feedback Form so we can contact you and discuss your concerns.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.