Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Very upset with BankWest

Posted by ana1 ana1
Message 1 of 3 741 Views

Hi, I just want to share how upset I am with BankWest.  I have always had a great experience when dealing with you (BankWest).  After last night experience, I am disappointed to realise how your process is not to serve my needs as a customer and how you have caused me stressed and inconvenience. 

Summary, I was not able to be identified over the phone.  I really appreciate how you take security very seriously.  However I can’t comprehend, if I’m not able to log into the internet to my account while on the phone with your customer service team, my account will be locked and I won’t be able to go into my own account anymore.  How inconvenient is that?  I was willing to call back another time when I’m able to log into my online account, but no, you will not allow that and will lock my account if I don’t do it right there and then.  How I understood this was,  if I didn’t have the internet at the time of the call and I was in surgery or something sufficient to me, my account will be locked cause I can’t log into my account online.  How crazy is that?   And to unlock my account I need to go to a branch to identify myself.    Which is not just at my locate area.  It’s about 18.2km away from where I live.  I thought businesses are suppose to provide good customer service.  How is making me drive into a branch or locking my online account convenient?  I called you caused you text me to and I needed to sort whatever I needed out.  Last night call has stressed me out, as I need access to my account.   I am very upset with BankWest and I have logged a complaint.  I am looking forward to hearing from your complaint team.  If this is how you treat your customer, I definitely don’t want to do busy with you in the future.  I understand I’m only a small fish in the ocean as a customer, however I really don’t appreciate how I have been treated.

Thank you for reading. 

Ana

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Very upset with BankWest

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 3 741 Views

Hi Ana, thanks for taking the time to let us know of the experience you've had with our Contact Centre. I'm very sorry to this has happened and would like to get this resolved for you ASAP.

Would you mind flicking me an email to forum@bankwest.com.au with your forum username, full name and best contact number?

0 Kudos

Re: Very upset with BankWest

Posted by ana1 ana1
Message 3 of 3 704 Views

Hi Meg, Many thanks for your prompt response. Your Contact Centre has resolved my issue. I'm very satisfied with Rebecca's professionalism.  However believe BankWest may want to consider improving their security process if client's are unable to be identified on the same day. 

Thank you again for your help. 

Cheers,

Anna 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.